CIFOR Research Data Management (RDM) Policy became mandatory on 1 July 2013. Library is providing a Research Data Management service to support researchers. We assists CIFOR researchers with the organization, management, and curation of research data to enhance its preservation and access now and into the future.
To comply with CIFOR RDM policy, you will need to:
- Prepare a data management plan using either your donor’s template or, if none available, a template provided by the CGIAR.
- Store your data in CIFOR data repository (data.cifor.org) or in a donor compliant repository. To find out more about CIFOR data repository, please contact CIFOR-RDM@cgiar.org
- Record basic metadata describing the data, how it was created and how it can be used.
RDM Information and guidance
- Research Data Management: Introduction (Updated 2018)
- Research Data Management: data management plan (Updated 2018)
- Research Data Management: documenting your data
- Research Data Management: copyright
- Research Data Management: file organization
- Research Data Management: when to curate (2018)
- Research Data Management: research data workflow (2018)
Policy and guideline related to the Research Data Management
- CIFOR Research data management policy
- CIFOR Research data management – Guideline and procedures
- CIFOR policy on open access
Templates and checklist