Simple search tips for Scopus
Scopus is highly structured database, where every piece of information is tagged. In order to ensure precise and reliable search results, it is essential to use the search function effectively. There are several key ways to get the best results from your search, for example:
- Use loose phrases rather than separate words
- Use TITLE-ABS-KEY as the default search field
- Know about the automatic functions of a Scopus search (apart from being case-insensitive)
- Use proximity operators to find words that are near one another in the database
- Use Wildcards — if you are having trouble finding this, use the Scopus Help file to assist.
For further details on these key tips and more, visit: https://blog.scopus.com/posts/6-simple-search-tips-lessons-learned-from-the-scopus-webinar.